* Overview buffer contains garbage
@ 2021-02-14  6:20 Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2021-02-14  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I see a message like this every once in a while:

Overview buffer contains garbage ‘an 2021 09:28:15 -0300	<6006d062.1c69fb81.9582b.0045@mx.google.com>	<5ffe3063.1c69fb81.52f23.11a7@mx.google.com>	6898	23	Xref: news.gmane.io gmane.emacs.bugs:198159’.

What does it mean and how can i get rid of it?

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen -----------------------------------------------
 (defun responsep (query)               ; (2021) Software Libero

* Re: Overview buffer contains garbage
@ 2021-02-15 23:54 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2021-02-15 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thien-Thi Nguyen; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn@gnuvola.org> writes:

> I see a message like this every once in a while:
>
> Overview buffer contains garbage ‘an 2021 09:28:15 -0300
> <6006d062.1c69fb81.9582b.0045@mx.google.com>
> <5ffe3063.1c69fb81.52f23.11a7@mx.google.com> 6898 23 Xref:
> news.gmane.io gmane.emacs.bugs:198159’.
>
> What does it mean and how can i get rid of it?

It means that the Gnus agent has saved nov/header data in its .overview
file that it was subsequently unable to make sense of. Each header line
is supposed to start with an integer indicating the article number being
read. In your case, the line seems to start with "an"? Or maybe it looks
like "an" is part of a date format that Gnus is expecting?

Anyhow, it would be useful to see the (full) offending line from the
.overview file in the corresponding agent directory.

Eric

* Re: Overview buffer contains garbage
@ 2021-02-16  4:15   ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2021-02-16  4:15 UTC (permalink / raw)