* Re: OT: Have you met another Gnus user in person?
       [not found] <mailman.8464.1347213251.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2012-09-09 21:16 ` Bob Newell
From: Bob Newell @ 2012-09-09 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I met a couple in my last job before I retired. In fact, one of them
convinced me to switch over to gnus from VM.
--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i

* Re: OT: Have you met another Gnus user in person?
       [not found] <mailman.8464.1347213251.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2013-06-06 18:14 ` Ted Zlatanov
                     ` (3 more replies)
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2013-06-06 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Sun, 09 Sep 2012 23:23:54 +0530 Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> wrote:

SN> It just struck me that I have not met a single person who's a Gnus
SN> user in flesh and blood; Emacs, once in a while but gnus?  Nyet,
SN> nada, nope!

I've met a few.  They are shy nocturnal creatures.

Ted

* Re: OT: Have you met another Gnus user in person?
@ 2013-06-06 18:50   ` Anssi Saari
                     ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Anssi Saari @ 2013-06-06 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> On Sun, 09 Sep 2012 23:23:54 +0530 Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> SN> It just struck me that I have not met a single person who's a Gnus
> SN> user in flesh and blood; Emacs, once in a while but gnus?  Nyet,
> SN> nada, nope!
>
> I've met a few.  They are shy nocturnal creatures.

Lots of my coworkers in the 1990s were Emacs and Gnus users and we all
used Unix workstations... Ah, the good old days.

Haven't really met Gnus users since then. The closest was some random
software guy a year or two ago. I was in a supermarket and had my Gnus
T-shirt on (the one with some elisp code on the back) and he started
talking about how cool Lisp is in general... But apparently he didn't
know Emacs or Gnus.

* Re: OT: Have you met another Gnus user in person?
@ 2013-06-06 19:44   ` Slackrat
       [not found]   ` <mailman.1109.1370547873.22516.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Slackrat @ 2013-06-06 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Ted Zlatanov a écrit profondement:

| On Sun, 09 Sep 2012 23:23:54 +0530 Sivaram Neelakantan
| <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> wrote:
>
| SN> It just struck me that I have not met a single person who's a Gnus
| SN> user in flesh and blood; Emacs, once in a while but gnus?  Nyet,
| SN> nada, nope!
>
| I've met a few.  They are shy nocturnal creatures.
>
| Ted

anyone in PT Land?

--
Slackrat
Fly your  Flag

* Re: OT: Have you met another Gnus user in person?
@ 2013-06-06 20:52   ` Emanuel Berg
       [not found]   ` <mailman.1109.1370547873.22516.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2013-06-06 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> I've met a few.

Never Gnus. I studied CS for 4-5 years, and I never met anyone
with my passion either for Emacs in general or Gnus. I met Unix
users, of course, but they were not that many. Most people used
Windows or Mac OS. It's insane.

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

@ 2013-06-10  7:39     ` Carlos Sánchez de La Lama
From: Carlos Sánchez de La Lama @ 2013-06-10  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Near enough, here is a Gnus user from Spain :)

Guess we are fwe though.

Carlos

* Re: OT: Have you met another Gnus user in person?
@ 2013-06-10 13:20       ` Robin Fairbairns
From: Robin Fairbairns @ 2013-06-10 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

csanchezdll@gmail.com (Carlos Sánchez de La Lama) writes:

> Near enough, here is a Gnus user from Spain :)
>
> Guess we are fwe though.

i've met a gnus user, at a group meet for a group we both read.

she's a bit exceptional, though, since she seems to have most free
newsreaders installed on her computer(s).

(i was actually alerted to the existince of gnus by a research student
here; he's long since gone, and i doubt i could contact him now without
hacking into our alumni database.  that would involve dirtying my hands,
so it's not going to happen ;-)
--
Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge

* Re: OT: Have you met another Gnus user in person?
@ 2013-06-10 17:59         ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2013-06-10 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Some facts:

- I met someone.
- I introduced her to Gnus (and ‘M-x zone’ and ...).
- She has been using it for ten years.
- Our relationship has its ups and downs.
- Likewise her Gnus setup (including 8mo lost mail).
- I still get confused from GNUS of netcom.com dayz...

Where is the correlation, where is the causation?
Will she forgive me, will she forget?

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
GPG key: 4C807502

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 197 bytes --]

* Re: OT: Have you met another Gnus user in person?
@ 2012-09-10 13:04   ` Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala @ 2012-09-10 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: Sivaram Neelakantan, info-gnus-english

Hello Jambunathan,

> Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> It just struck me that I have not met a single person who's a Gnus
>> user in flesh and blood; Emacs, once in a while but gnus?  Nyet, nada,
>> nope!
>>
>> It's getting lonely you know...
>
> There is a Gnus and Emacs user here in Madras, btw.

Close to Madras, staying away from home now.

>> Have you?

haven't met any gnus user in person, but almost all of my lab mates use emacs
without knowing about init file.

Thanks.,
--
ఎందరో మహానుభావులు అందరికి వందనములు
YYR

* Re: OT: Have you met another Gnus user in person?
@ 2012-09-10  7:16 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2012-09-10  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Sun, 09 Sep 2012 23:23:54 +0530, Sivaram wrote:

> Have you?

One of my colleagues uses Gnus (not because of me). I think I have met 2
or 3 other people I know use Gnus.

nntp isn't that hot these days :-)

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Hur långt man än har kommit                                 Adam Sjøgren
  är det alltid längre kvar"                             asjo@koldfront.dk

@ 2012-09-09 19:35 ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2012-09-09 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Op zondag 9 sep 2012 19:53 CEST schreef Sivaram Neelakantan:

> It just struck me that I have not met a single person who's a Gnus
> user in flesh and blood; Emacs, once in a while but gnus? Nyet, nada,
> nope!
>
> It's getting lonely you know...
>
> Have you?

Yes, but only one. (As far as I know.) And I think it is also the only
emacs user I met. (As far as I know.)

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer

* Re: OT: Have you met another Gnus user in person?
@ 2012-09-09 18:05 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2012-09-09 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sivaram Neelakantan; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:

> It just struck me that I have not met a single person who's a Gnus
> user in flesh and blood; Emacs, once in a while but gnus?  Nyet, nada,
> nope!
>
> It's getting lonely you know...

There is a Gnus and Emacs user here in Madras, btw.

> Have you?

Yes, I have.

In probably a decade of work in different organizations, I have met only
3 Emacs users, 2 were newbies one was an expert user both of Emacs and
Gnus.

@ 2012-09-09 17:53 Sivaram Neelakantan