* archiving sent-mail
@ 2008-01-30 20:10 Gour
From: Gour @ 2008-01-30 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi!

I'm quite new with Emacs & Gnus...

Mail is retrieved via getmail & filtered with maildrop which puts in
under ~/Maildir/ hierarchy of subfolders from where Gnus can access them
with imap back-end (there is localhost imap dovecot server).

All the post to mailing lists/newsgroups I do with this email account,
but I use few more email accounts (sending works with msmtp for each
'identity'), plus have a need for a few more email accounts for my
family members.

What I'd like to do is that for each different email account, all the
sent messages are archived into separate sent-mail folder, something
like mutt's 'set record' option.

For example:

user1@domain1.com  ---> ~/Maildir/.user1.sent-mail
user2@domain2.com ---> ~/Maildir/.user2.sent-mail etc.

(I use Maildir++ structure for the folders so that dovecot can recognize
subfolders.)

Any idea/hint/pointer how to achieve desired result?

That's my (probably) last issue at the moment...everything else works -
posting, reading email, syncing news between desktop & laptop, syncing
of mail between the two (with offlineimap)....

Sincerely,
Gour