* Treating custom quote marks
@ 2006-03-04  1:50 giglio robbo' d'acciaio
From: giglio robbo' d'acciaio @ 2006-03-04  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Some people don't use the standard quote mark '>'. How to make gnus parsing
differen chars as quote marks and hightlight text properly?

Thanks in advance.
--
Questa settimana, un grande film: "Cadillac man", con Robin Williams:
vicissitudini di un venditore di automobili che vengono brillantemente

* Re: Treating custom quote marks
@ 2006-03-04 11:10 ` Sébastien Kirche
From: Sébastien Kirche @ 2006-03-04 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 02:50 on Mar 4 2006, giglio robbo' d'acciaio said :

> Some people don't use the standard quote mark '>'. How to make gnus
> parsing differen chars as quote marks and hightlight text properly?

IIRC the characters recognized as citation marks are listed in
message-cite-prefix-regexp but the pipe sign is already included :

,----[ C-h v message-cite-prefix-regexp RET ]
| message-cite-prefix-regexp is a variable defined in `message.el'.
| Its value is
|
| Documentation:
| *Regexp matching the longest possible citation prefix on a line.
|
| You can customize this variable.
`----

I see that you have Emacs 21.4, maybe that the using the pipe sign has
been added in the cvs version I am using.

HTH.
--
Sébastien Kirche