* url browsing -- how to use galeon instead of mozilla
@ 2002-05-30 22:52 Matthew Kennedy
       [not found] ` <vafy9e0vfii.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
From: Matthew Kennedy @ 2002-05-30 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I hit RET to browse a URL it uses Mozilla ahead of Galeon. How
does one change the order so Galeon is used before Mozilla?

Thanks,
--
Matthew Kennedy

* Re: url browsing -- how to use galeon instead of mozilla
       [not found] ` <vafy9e0vfii.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
@ 2002-06-01 10:19   ` Matthew Kennedy
From: Matthew Kennedy @ 2002-06-01 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

> See the variable browse-url-browser-function.  Recent versions of
> browse-url provide a Galeon interface.  Not sure whether yours does.

Thanks for the help. I read some docs and came up with the following
which might be handy for other newbies:

 (defun configure-browser ()
   (if window-system
       (setq browse-url-browser-function 'browse-url-galeon)))
 (configure-browser)

I stuck this in my ~/.xemacs/init.el.

--
Matthew Kennedy