* How to do you manage Threads, your inbox, your sent folder, your archive
@ 2021-12-20 23:58 dal-blazej
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: dal-blazej @ 2021-12-20 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english; +Cc: dal-blazej

Hi,

I was reading :
https://libredd.it/r/emacs/comments/rhxfqx/threaded_and_syncced_emails_with_gnus_how_can_i/

I come from mu4e. With mu4e I never had to worry about threads, I could
enable or disable their display with a keybinding and that's was
it. Simpler times without sieve and dovecot.

With gnus, I am a bit confuse.

We have the variable `gnus-message-archive-method' and
`gnus-message-archive-group' to archive sent mails.

We have also `gnus-posting-styles' to fill headers when composing a
mail, to eg, CC, BCC or GCC (what does exactly means GCC?), eventually
to myself or one of my folders.

Then we can set `gnus-parameters' to `gcc-self' for some groups (but
here I am lost).

In top of that if you use gmane.io, as another secondary method than you
imap/pop mail server, you eventually have to tweak
`gnus-refer-thread-use-search' to t and `gnus-refer-article-method' to
(something ?) to be able to retrieve your threads between back-ends.

Is it possible to archive the whole threads of whom I initiate/reply ?

What do you do with all theses variables ?

For reference in my excursion in gnus, I read the dotfiles of jao and
jwiegley, if you'are kind enough to share yours, thank's you.