* no smtp server found when sending from nnfolder or nnmaildir
@ 2019-08-29 12:14 physiculus
From: physiculus @ 2019-08-29 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnus

Hello,
gnus does not find a smtp server if i want to send or forward a message
from my nnfolder+archive or nnmaildir+local.
Sending or forwarding from inside nnimap works.
Is this possible with gnus?
and if yes, how to configure that?

Regards
Poul

* Re: no smtp server found when sending from nnfolder or nnmaildir
@ 2019-09-16 20:43 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2019-09-16 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: physiculus; +Cc: gnus

physiculus <physiculus@gmail.com> writes:

> gnus does not find a smtp server if i want to send or forward a message
> from my nnfolder+archive or nnmaildir+local.
> Sending or forwarding from inside nnimap works.
> Is this possible with gnus?

I'm unable to reproduce this.  If I `S o m' on an article in an
nnfolder+archive group, I'm presented with a totally normal Message
buffer, and the mail will go via the default sending method.

* Re: no smtp server found when sending from nnfolder or nnmaildir
@ 2019-09-17 13:15   ` paul poulsen
From: paul poulsen @ 2019-09-17 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: info-gnus-english

> I'm unable to reproduce this.  If I `S o m' on an article in an
> nnfolder+archive group, I'm presented with a totally normal Message
> buffer, and the mail will go via the default sending method.

Hello,
What exactly do you mean with default sending method?
If I try to send a mail out of nnfolder+archive gnus insert the from header
user@pcname+tickle+me or something similar.
If I am inside IMAP account, the correct SMTP server with port is inserted.
What's going wrong?

@ 2019-09-17 13:37     ` Adam Sjøgren via info-gnus-english
From: Adam Sjøgren via info-gnus-english @ 2019-09-17 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

paul writes:

> What exactly do you mean with default sending method?

Perhaps message-send-mail-function - what value do you have for that in
your Emacs?

I've got:

,----[ C-h v message-send-mail-function RET ]
| message-send-mail-function is a variable defined in ‘message.el’.
| Its value is ‘message-send-mail-with-sendmail’
| Original value was
| message--default-send-mail-function
|
|   This variable may be risky if used as a file-local variable.
|
| Documentation:
| Function to call to send the current buffer as mail.
| The headers should be delimited by a line whose contents match the
| variable ‘mail-header-separator’.
|
| Valid values include ‘message-send-mail-with-sendmail’
| ‘message-send-mail-with-mh’, ‘message-send-mail-with-qmail’,
| ‘message-smtpmail-send-it’, ‘smtpmail-send-it’,
| ‘feedmail-send-it’ and ‘message-send-mail-with-mailclient’.  The
| default is system dependent and determined by the function
| ‘message-send-mail-function’.
|
| See also ‘send-mail-function’.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| This variable was introduced, or its default value was changed, in
| version 27.1 of Emacs.
`----

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Varje likhet mellan denna film och den s.k.                 Adam Sjøgren
  verkligheten måste vara ett missförstand"              asjo@koldfront.dk