* what is a good newsgroup to experiment with my gnus nntp settings?
@ 2014-09-19 19:30 Brady Trainor
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Brady Trainor @ 2014-09-19 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I took a couple stabs at using GNUS in the past, but was still probably
too green with Emacs and the type of thinking. But finally, I think GNUS
is here to stay, and it feels WAAAAYY better than relying solely on
"more GUI" clients. Managing emails and emailing has never felt so easy.

However, my use of newsgroups is still a little rough around the edges,
and I anticipate some fiddling. In the end, I usually download all the
headers, for instance with Thunderbird I've done this across a dual
boot. Unfortunately, I think this has provoked the gmane to block my
ISP, though I was lucky enough I think the block was removed soon after.

MY QUESTION:

Is there another entity similar to gmane, more recreational say, or less
valuable to me, where I can mess with my configuration and not risk an
ISP block? I've read online something about ISP providers may do this,
but I don't really understand. Is this my internet provider? Or would I
contact a local institution such as University of Washington?

Thank you,
Brady

[parent not found: <mailman.9223.1411155064.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>]