* How to force Ma gnus to download specific msgs en-masse
@ 2014-04-07 23:26 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2014-04-07 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Setup: Debian (jesse)
Running very recent ma-gnus

Can anyone tell me how to force gnus to download specific msgs in
large quantitly (meaning several thousand)

I used to use the agent very heavily for some yrs but for last several
yrs since gmane holds msgs so long I faded away from that practice.

Now forgotten just about all I ever new... plus some of it has changes
possibly.

I need a quick and dirty way since this will be a seldom done thing to
download specific authors from specific groups.

Selecting that part en-masse is not a problem... I know how to do
that.  But had the notion I could put the download (toggle) mark on
them (%) on them and they would get downloaded....

Can anyone explain in as few steps as necessary how I might do this?

Imagine, I open a group.... select 10 (though it will be many more)
and somehow force gnus to download them...

* Re: How to force Ma gnus to download specific msgs en-masse
@ 2014-04-08  3:11 ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2014-04-08  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Setup: Debian (jesse)
> Running very recent ma-gnus
>
> Can anyone tell me how to force gnus to download specific msgs in
> large quantitly (meaning several thousand)

Please disregard this nitwit question.

Eric Fraga on the ding group (gmane.emacs.gnus.general), cleared it up
nicely.

   gnus-agent-fetch-groups

* Re: How to force Ma gnus to download specific msgs en-masse
       [not found] <mailman.19186.1396913249.10748.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2014-04-08  0:01 ` Ray
From: Ray @ 2014-04-08  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Setup: Debian (jesse)
> Running very recent ma-gnus
>
> Can anyone tell me how to force gnus to download specific msgs in
> large quantitly (meaning several thousand)
>
> I used to use the agent very heavily for some yrs but for last several
> yrs since gmane holds msgs so long I faded away from that practice.
>
> Now forgotten just about all I ever new... plus some of it has changes
> possibly.
>
> I need a quick and dirty way since this will be a seldom done thing to
> download specific authors from specific groups.
>
> Selecting that part en-masse is not a problem... I know how to do
> that.  But had the notion I could put the download (toggle) mark on
> them (%) on them and they would get downloaded....
>
> Can anyone explain in as few steps as necessary how I might do this?
>
> Imagine, I open a group.... select 10 (though it will be many more)
> and somehow force gnus to download them...

With Agent try

Fetch downloadable    Ju
or
Catchup undownloaded  Jc