* gnus-summary-mark-as-spam won't move spam articles from an IMAP group
@ 2013-02-03 22:09 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2013-02-03 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I just noticed that articles manually marked as spam
(gnus-summary-mark-as-spam) in the Summary buffer for an IMAP group
aren't moved to the spam-split-group like they used to, they are just
flagged as expirable.

However spam articles flagged by bogofilter when splitting are still
moved to this spam-split-group.

Is there something obviously wrong in my setup ? It used to work until a
few weeks ago.

(setq spam-use-bogofilter t)

(require 'spam)

(spam-initialize 'spam-use-move)

(setq spam-log-to-registry t)
(setq spam-mark-ham-unread-before-move-from-spam-group t)
(setq spam-mark-only-unseen-as-spam t)
;; (setq spam-autodetect-recheck-messages t)

(setq spam-split-group "Junk")

* Re: gnus-summary-mark-as-spam won't move spam articles from an IMAP group
@ 2013-02-03 22:25 ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2013-02-03 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> (setq spam-use-bogofilter t)
>
> (require 'spam)
>
> (spam-initialize 'spam-use-move)
>
> (setq spam-log-to-registry t)
> (setq spam-mark-ham-unread-before-move-from-spam-group t)
> (setq spam-mark-only-unseen-as-spam t)
> ;; (setq spam-autodetect-recheck-messages t)
>
> (setq spam-split-group "Junk")

I should also mention the relevant group parameters

(spam-process
  ((spam spam-use-bogofilter)
   (ham spam-use-bogofilter)))
 (spam-process-destination . "nnimap+free:Junk")
 (spam-marks
  (gnus-spam-mark))

* Re: gnus-summary-mark-as-spam won't move spam articles from an IMAP group
@ 2013-02-08  5:22 ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2013-02-08  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> I just noticed that articles manually marked as spam
> (gnus-summary-mark-as-spam) in the Summary buffer for an IMAP group
> aren't moved to the spam-split-group like they used to, they are just
> flagged as expirable.

For some reason setting spam-log-to-registry to nil fixes this. Maybe
this has to do with a corrupt registry. I sync all of my
agent/registry/messages between to machines and very often get this
message after a sync.

Warning: The Gnus registry could not be loaded from ~/.gnus.registry.eioio, creating a new one; The Gnus registry could not be loaded from ~/.gnus.registry.eioio, creating a new one