* Agent in batch mode for imap
@ 2013-01-04  9:08 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2013-01-04  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I'm thinking of using the following setup, so that emacs isn't stuck
while gnus checks for new mail.

start gnus in unplugged mode
have a cron job run

emacs -batch -l ~/.emacs -l ~/.gnus.el -f gnus-agent-batch >/dev/null 2>&1

Will a line like
(gnus-demon-add-handler 'gnus-group-get-new-news 10 nil)
refresh the group buffer ?

I'm not sure about how moving and deleting messages from an imap server
with this setup. These aren't operations you can make while
unplugged and I will certainly have to plug the agent from time to
time. Won't there be a conflict between the moving/copying operations
and the fetch from the agent in batch mode ?

How are you using gnus-agent-batch with imap ?