* no gnus-mime-part-reply
@ 2009-06-03  5:19 jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2009-06-03  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Gentlemen, I have received a Content-Type: multipart/mixed message (from
Debian BTS). I wish very much to reply to part 2 of
[1. text/plain]
[2. message/rfc822]
[3. text/plain]
[4. text/plain]
[5. message/rfc822]
However as much as I place the cursor upon "[2. message/rfc822]" and hit
K... there seems to be no perfect command. (Even K C-h doesn't help,
maybe due to my http://jidanni.org/comp/configuration/.)
Let it be known that I was forced to do use
"| runs the command gnus-mime-pipe-part" to pipe that part to procmail,
so I could then reply to it as a simple message.

Anyway, gnus needs a full suite of r R etc. that can just act on a mime part.

* Re: no gnus-mime-part-reply
@ 2009-06-03  6:29 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2009-06-03  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, Jun 03 2009, jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:

> Gentlemen, I have received a Content-Type: multipart/mixed message (from
> Debian BTS). I wish very much to reply to part 2 of
> [1. text/plain]
> [2. message/rfc822]
> [3. text/plain]
> [4. text/plain]
> [5. message/rfc822]
> However as much as I place the cursor upon "[2. message/rfc822]" and hit
> K... there seems to be no perfect command.

How about `gnus-summary-enter-digest-group' (`C-d', `A D'), followed
by `R'?

> Anyway, gnus needs a full suite of r R etc. that can just act on a mime part.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: no gnus-mime-part-reply
@ 2009-06-04 21:45   ` jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2009-06-04 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:
> Although I don't feel like very much making `reply', `wide-reply',
> `very-wide-reply', `reply-with-original', `reply-broken-reply-to',
> `mail-forward', `followup',...
You don't have to. Now that I discovered C-d, I am in heaven.

The problem is when we went to gnus school, we only learned C-d was to
be used for digests, E.g., RISKS DIGEST.

Therefore, the documentation of C-d needs to promote it more, "the
household knife that will be the last you need to buy, for so many
tasks!"

Furthermore, C-d indents, and even uses 1a. 3b. etc, instead of a flat:
[1. text/plain]
[2. message/rfc822]
[3. text/plain]
[4. text/plain]
[5. message/rfc822]
Therefore the above flat list needs to take a lesson from C-d, and
though not indenting, still needs to reveal structure, by using 1a. 2c, etc.

* Re: no gnus-mime-part-reply
       [not found] <mailman.8403.1244006413.31690.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2009-06-03  7:04 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2009-06-03  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Gentlemen, I have received a Content-Type: multipart/mixed message (from
> Debian BTS). I wish very much to reply to part 2 of
> [1. text/plain]
> [2. message/rfc822]
> [3. text/plain]
> [4. text/plain]
> [5. message/rfc822]
> However as much as I place the cursor upon "[2. message/rfc822]" and hit
> K... there seems to be no perfect command. (Even K C-h doesn't help,
> maybe due to my http://jidanni.org/comp/configuration/.)
> Let it be known that I was forced to do use
> "| runs the command gnus-mime-pipe-part" to pipe that part to procmail,
> so I could then reply to it as a simple message.

You can use `C-d C-n C-n C-n R' as well.

> Anyway, gnus needs a full suite of r R etc. that can just act on a mime part.

Maybe the `gnus-mime-part-reply' command will be the one like:

(defun gnus-mime-part-reply ()
  (interactive)
  (let ((id (get-text-property (point) 'gnus-part)))
    (when id
      (let ((gnus-original-article-buffer
	     (nth 1 (assq id gnus-article-mime-handle-alist))))
	(gnus-summary-reply)))))