From: Gernot Hassenpflug <gernot@mb3.seikyou.ne.jp>
Subject: Re: Entering groups
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 16:39:32 +0900	[thread overview]

> On 05 Dec 2006 19:14:32 +0100, Slackat wrote:
>
>> Upon attempting to enter the group, I cannot because (a) it does not
>> actually exist on disk and (b), even if it did exist, it would have no
>> emails in it and so still be unusable for outbound traffic
>
>> Solution? Put in the Placeholder as above and everything is just Peachy
>
> Another solution is to put point on the empty group in the *Group*
> buffer and go C-u m instead of just m.

Control-u followed by RET will enter any group and prompt for the
number of articles to display. If you press enter (default is display
all articles) you will see all articles in an otherwise empty group,
and all read articles along with the unread ones in a non-empty
group. I use that for mail a lot.
--
Gernot Hassenpflug (gernot@rish.kyoto-u.ac.jp)      Tel: +81 774 38-3866
JSPS Fellow (Rm.403, RISH, Kyoto Uni.)              Fax: +81 774 31-8463