* summary buffer newb question
@ 2006-11-16 22:29 Peter
From: Peter @ 2006-11-16 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

OK, a quick newb question, if possible - I've gotten everything set up
pretty happily (a nice summary-line-format, etc.) but I can't figure
out how to change the initial appearance of the summary buffer when I
first enter it from the group buffer - I'd like it to look the way it
does after hitting "=" and "T H", that is, with all threads minimized
and with no article selected (just the summary lines).  Can I get a
clue on this?  Also, and relatedly, are there any web-accessible
collections of .gnus files, as there are for .emacs files?

Thanks much.

* Re: summary buffer newb question
@ 2006-11-17  8:13 ` Glyn Millington
From: Glyn Millington @ 2006-11-17  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter <facetious_nickname@hotmail.com> writes:

> OK, a quick newb question, if possible - I've gotten everything set up
> pretty happily (a nice summary-line-format, etc.) but I can't figure
> out how to change the initial appearance of the summary buffer when I
> first enter it from the group buffer - I'd like it to look the way it
> does after hitting "=" and "T H", that is, with all threads minimized
> and with no article selected (just the summary lines).  Can I get a
> clue on this?  Also, and relatedly, are there any web-accessible
> collections of .gnus files, as there are for .emacs files?

Hi Peter,

does  (set gnus-thread-hide-subtree t)  do what you want?

On the links question .......

There used to be my.gnus.org, but alas it is no more :-(

Some useful places to look are

The Emacs Wiki http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki
They have a good section on Gnus

Steve Youngs site