* cyrus imapd 2.2.12, emacs 21.4, gnus 5.10.6 'new mail' refreshing
@ 2005-09-07 16:33 darrell
From: darrell @ 2005-09-07 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

i have a problem with the above setup. what i WANT is an easy way to
check for new mail...

M-g will rescan the inbox, but that's slow for a big inbox, and also
asks how many messages to show -- i just want new ones added to the
list as they come in

I thought g should update the message list, but it doesn't seem to.

I've also tried

(require 'gnus-demon)
(setq gnus-use-demon t)
(gnus-demon-add-handler 'gnus-group-get-new-news 5 2)
(gnus-demon-init)

to automate the process, but it seems that gnus-group-get-new-news just
simply doesn't want to ;-)

any thoughts?

- darrell

* Re: cyrus imapd 2.2.12, emacs 21.4, gnus 5.10.6 'new mail' refreshing
@ 2005-09-07 17:27 ` darrell
From: darrell @ 2005-09-07 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

ok -- i just wan't thinking 'groups grousp groups' -- i was thingking
'mail client'. once i'd

a) subscribed to the inbox in groups view (via u)
b) caught up in the message list (via c)
c) restarted gnus (huh?)

suddenly its only showing me unread messages and the repsonse times are
ok, even doing M-g in the messages view.

sigh!

* Re: cyrus imapd 2.2.12, emacs 21.4, gnus 5.10.6 'new mail' refreshing
@ 2005-09-08 14:46   ` Lance Hoffmeyer
From: Lance Hoffmeyer @ 2005-09-08 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

"darrell" <darrell@ku24.com> writes:

/o will show old articles as well

Lance

--

                                Lance Hoffmeyer
                              lance@augustmail.com

          The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and
                          governments to gain ground.
                                       -
                                Thomas Jefferson