From: Glyn Millington <wistanswick@linuxmail.org>
Subject: Re: Desparate with configuring maildir backend in gnus
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 06:39:07 +0000	[thread overview]

wazow@gazeta.pl (Wazow) writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have now spent hours (sic!) on trying to configure my gnus to read
> mail.  I have my mail delivered to ~/.maildir/ using postfix:
>
> wazow@klimt wazow $ ls -l ~/.maildir/
> total 2
> drwx------    2 wazow wazow      384 mar 21 22:44 cur
> drwx------    2 wazow wazow      624 mar 22 00:44 new
> drwx------    2 wazow wazow       48 mar 22 00:44 tmp

> I would like gnus to see this directories as newsgroups. So I add:
>
> ;; list-mail
> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
>       '((nnmaildir "MyMail" (directory "~/.nnmaildir/"))))

Hi Wazow,

I think the above is  not quite enough to tell Gnus where to look for
mail.

The Gnus FAQ http://my.gnus.org/faq/html-nochunks/#id2433287 documents
this pretty well

You need something like

(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods '(nnmaildir ""))
(eval-after-load "mail-source"
  '(add-to-list 'mail-sources '(maildir :path "/home/wazow/.maildir/"
                                  :subdirs ("cur" "new" "tmp" "whatever")))

hth

Glyn