* secondry-select-methods
@ 2002-09-11 12:00 Keith O'Connell
       [not found] ` <vaffzwgg03p.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
From: Keith O'Connell @ 2002-09-11 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I found out this morning that I can use gnus to read the message board
on Slashdot. As I tend to poke through them anyway I thought I would
configure to read them. Needless to say I have hit a problem

I read the slashdot part of the gnus manual and set it up as a
secondry-select-method, of course that knocked my mail out. That will
never do, so I played with the settings some more, but it seems I can
only have any two out of News / Mail / Slashdot. Obviously I want all
three. I assume this is the code that decides. Could someone take a
look at it and tell me why it is wrong/missing

    (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news-text.blueyonder.co.uk"))
    (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnml "")
                                          (nnslashdot "")
                                          ))

Anyone?

Keith
--
___________________________________   _
  Keith O'Connell.                   -o)

* Re: secondry-select-methods
       [not found]     ` <vafit1bcvuj.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
@ 2002-09-12 21:12       ` Keith O'Connell
From: Keith O'Connell @ 2002-09-12 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai GroŽßjohann) writes:

> >         ...but slashdot is refused "*", but if I make slashdot the
> > primary, or the only secondary then it works. Therfore I assume there
> > is a fault in the line,
> >
> >     (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnml "")
> > 					  (nnslashdot "")
> > 					  ))
>
> It looks okay.  I'm flabbergasted.

Oh dear! Then my error lies elswhere. Could I impose on anyone who
reads slashdot through gnus to post the relevant sections of their
.emacs/.gnus file(s). If that is likly to waste group bandwith I would
welcome an email. Tia for any help

Keith.
--