Teemu Likonen writes: > I've been using Emacs 25.0.92 for a while and noticed that Gnus has > started to display attached pdf files with doc-view-mode (inside Emacs) > instead of launching an external viewer. In mailcap-mime-data variable I > have external viewer (Okular) first for the application/pdf MIME type > but Gnus doesn't want to respect that. This is not a Gnus problem, but Emacs have changed to default to docview-mode for pdf files, ignoring mailcap. > How do configure Gnus to use external viewer for attached pdf files? ;;Remove doc-view so pdf will open with ocular (setcdr (assoc "application" mailcap-mime-data) (remove '("pdf" (viewer . doc-view-mode) (type . "application/pdf") (test eq window-system 'x)) (cdr (assoc "application" mailcap-mime-data)))) Charles -- "If you want to travel around the world and be invited to speak at a lot of different places, just write a Unix operating system." (By Linus Torvalds)