I'm confused about Gnus's mail-splitting back-ends. How does Gnus decide which back-end to use? For example, I have different select methods, including things like this: (setq gnus-select-method '(nnnil "") gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnml "" (nnml-directory "~/Mail") (nnml-active-file "~/Mail/active")) (nnml "other" (nnml-directory "~/other") (nnml-active-file "~/other/active")))) Then I have some split rules: (setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy nnmail-split-fancy '(| ;; Various rules here and the final destination: "misc")) So incoming mail goes normally to "misc" group which is ~/Mail/misc directory in the file system. But how does Gnus decide to put under ~/Mail and not under ~/other (see my other nnml configuration above)? Is it possible to put (split) some mail to "nnml:foo" and some to "nnml+other:bar"? It seems that none of the examples in Gnus manual tell how to change the destination back-end or how to split different mail to different back-ends. PS. And my terminology may also be wrong. I'm not always sure when to speak of back-ends, select methods or servers.