* compose-mail does not set GCC
@ 2014-10-01 17:32 Alan Schmitt
       [not found] ` <mailman.10198.1412186366.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2014-10-01 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

I just noticed that when I create an email with "compose-mail", the GCC
header is not set. If I use "gnus-group-mail" however, it is set.

I have this in my configuration file:

(setq gnus-message-archive-group "nnimap+zimbra:Sent")

It there a way to take it into account when starting a mail with
"compose-mail"?

Thanks a lot,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]

* Re: compose-mail does not set GCC
@ 2014-10-01 17:58 ` Adam Sjøgren
       [not found] ` <mailman.10198.1412186366.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2014-10-01 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> I just noticed that when I create an email with "compose-mail", the GCC
> header is not set. If I use "gnus-group-mail" however, it is set.

compose-mail sets Gcc for me. What do you have mail-user-agent set to?

,----[ C-h v mail-user-agent RET ]
| mail-user-agent is a variable defined in `simple.el'.
| Its value is gnus-user-agent
| Original value was message-user-agent
|
| Documentation:
| Your preference for a mail composition package.
| Various Emacs Lisp packages (e.g. Reporter) require you to compose an
| outgoing email message.  This variable lets you specify which
| mail-sending package you prefer.
|
| Valid values include:
|
|   `message-user-agent'  -- use the Message package.
|                            See Info node `(message)'.
|   `sendmail-user-agent' -- use the Mail package.
|                            See Info node `(emacs)Sending Mail'.
|   `mh-e-user-agent'     -- use the Emacs interface to the MH mail system.
|                            See Info node `(mh-e)'.
|   `gnus-user-agent'     -- like `message-user-agent', but with Gnus
|                            paraphernalia if Gnus is running, particularly
|                            the Gcc: header for archiving.
`----

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "The BBC is not responsible for the content of               Adam Sjøgren
  external internet sites."                              asjo@koldfront.dk

@ 2014-10-02  0:26   ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2014-10-02  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

>> I just noticed that when I create an email with
>> "compose-mail", the GCC header is not set. If I use
>> "gnus-group-mail" however, it is set.
>
> compose-mail sets Gcc for me. What do you have
> mail-user-agent set to?

Indeed. Works for me as well. I have mail-user-agent
set to gnus-user-agent.

--
underground experts united

* Re: compose-mail does not set GCC
@ 2014-10-02 18:57   ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2014-10-02 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 2014-10-01 19:58, asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:

> Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:
>
>> I just noticed that when I create an email with "compose-mail", the GCC
>> header is not set. If I use "gnus-group-mail" however, it is set.
>
> compose-mail sets Gcc for me. What do you have mail-user-agent set to?

Thanks a lot, that was it. It was set to "notmuch-user-agent" (I guess
because I'm doing a "require 'notmuch"). I just changed it to
"gnus-user-agent" and it works great.

Thanks again,

Alan

--