* Some memory help please
@ 2014-02-08 23:42 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2014-02-08 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I know I can show the summary buffer sorted by date.

But if the view is threaded then "By date" may still not list messages
by date.

I remember a command I used many times to unthread the buffer and
display the messages by date... but it his sank into the swamp of my
memory, and having a heck of a time digging up the proper commands
with emacs help searching.

Can someone tell me how to make what is usually (in my setup) a
threaded summary buffer, unthreaded and sorted by date?

* Re: Some memory help please
@ 2014-02-08 23:50 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2014-02-08 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> I remember a command I used many times to unthread the buffer and
> display the messages by date... but it his sank into the swamp of my
> memory, and having a heck of a time digging up the proper commands
> with emacs help searching.

Are you thinking of T T:

  T T runs the command gnus-summary-toggle-threads, which is an
  interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-sum.el'.

  (gnus-summary-toggle-threads &optional ARG)

  Toggle showing conversation threads.
  If ARG is positive number, turn showing conversation threads on.

?

It looks like the (GUI-)menu shows C-M-t as the shortcut.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "I always dreamed I'd love you, I never dreamed I'd          Adam Sjøgren
  lose you, and my dreams are always strong"             asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Some memory help please
@ 2014-02-09  0:21 ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2014-02-09  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

>> I remember a command I used many times to unthread the buffer and
>> display the messages by date... but it his sank into the swamp of my
>> memory, and having a heck of a time digging up the proper commands
>> with emacs help searching.
>
> Are you thinking of T T:
>
>   T T runs the command gnus-summary-toggle-threads, which is an
>   interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-sum.el'.
>
>   (gnus-summary-toggle-threads &optional ARG)
>
>   Toggle showing conversation threads.
>   If ARG is positive number, turn showing conversation threads on.

Yeah that's it!  Thanks.

So, in my normal threaded summary view:

T T followed by C-c C-s C-D (sort by date)

Does just what I remembered... Thanks again

No matter what, I see the result of messages listed strictly by the
oldest to most recent regardless of subject.