* Deleting drafts
@ 2008-03-28  3:51 Evans Winner
From: Evans Winner @ 2008-03-28  3:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I can't figure out how to delete old drafts, so the drafts
groups doesn't always come up with articles in it.  Is there
a way to do that?

* Re: Deleting drafts
@ 2008-03-28  4:33 ` Joel Reicher
From: Joel Reicher @ 2008-03-28  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Evans Winner <thorne@timbral.net> writes:

> I can't figure out how to delete old drafts, so the drafts
> groups doesn't always come up with articles in it.  Is there
> a way to do that?

It works much (perhaps even exactly) like a mail group, so you can
delete the articles with
B <DEL>

Cheers,

        - Joel

* Re: Deleting drafts
@ 2008-03-28  8:34   ` Sébastien Vauban
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2008-03-28  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

> I can't figure out how to delete old drafts, so the drafts
> groups doesn't always come up with articles in it.

And is there a way to map the Gnus `nndraft:drafts' folder onto
the IMAP `nnimap:INBOX.Drafts' one, so that I could easily
access my draft mails from another PC, when at home?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban

* Re: Deleting drafts
@ 2008-03-29  7:39 ` Glyn Millington
From: Glyn Millington @ 2008-03-29  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Evans Winner <thorne@timbral.net> writes:

> I can't figure out how to delete old drafts, so the drafts
> groups doesn't always come up with articles in it.  Is there
> a way to do that?

The way I do it for individual drafts is to press 'e' to edit it and then
do the C-c C-k dance which invokes message-kill-buffer - you will be
asked if you want to delete the backup too; say yes and the thing is
gone.

hth

Glyn

* Re: Deleting drafts
@ 2008-03-29  9:55   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-03-29  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Sat, Mar 29 2008, Glyn Millington wrote:

> Evans Winner <thorne@timbral.net> writes:
>
>> I can't figure out how to delete old drafts, so the drafts
>> groups doesn't always come up with articles in it.  Is there
>> a way to do that?
>
> The way I do it for individual drafts is to press 'e' to edit it and then
> do the C-c C-k dance which invokes message-kill-buffer

What's wrong with `B DEL' (gnus-summary-delete-article)?

,----
| B <backspace> runs the command gnus-summary-delete-article
|   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-sum'.
| It is bound to <menu-bar> <Drafts> <Delete draft>, B <backspace>, B
| <delete>, B DEL, <menu-bar> <Article> <Copy, move,... (Backend)>
| <Delete article>.
| (gnus-summary-delete-article &optional n)
|
| Delete the n next (mail) articles.
| This command actually deletes articles.  This is not a marking
| command.  The article will disappear forever from your life, never to
| return.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Deleting drafts
@ 2008-03-29 12:39     ` Glyn Millington
From: Glyn Millington @ 2008-03-29 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> On Sat, Mar 29 2008, Glyn Millington wrote:
>
>> Evans Winner <thorne@timbral.net> writes:
>>
>>> I can't figure out how to delete old drafts, so the drafts
>>> groups doesn't always come up with articles in it.  Is there
>>> a way to do that?
>>
>> The way I do it for individual drafts is to press 'e' to edit it and then
>> do the C-c C-k dance which invokes message-kill-buffer
>
> What's wrong with `B DEL' (gnus-summary-delete-article)?

Absolutely nothing!!   Many thanks

atb

Glyn

* Re: Deleting drafts
@ 2008-03-29 12:40     ` David
       [not found]     ` <mailman.12194.1389968442.10748.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: David @ 2008-03-29 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Sébastien Vauban <zthjwsqqafhv@spammotel.com> writes:
> And is there a way to map the Gnus `nndraft:drafts' folder onto
> the IMAP `nnimap:INBOX.Drafts' one, so that I could easily
> access my draft mails from another PC, when at home?

This is currently not possible.

-David

* Storing drafts on server (was: Deleting drafts)
@ 2014-01-17 12:59     ` Philipp Haselwarter
       [not found]     ` <mailman.12194.1389968442.10748.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Philipp Haselwarter @ 2014-01-17 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Fri, Mar 28 2008 09:34 (@1206693264), Sébastien Vauban wrote:

> Hello,
>
>> I can't figure out how to delete old drafts, so the drafts
>> groups doesn't always come up with articles in it.
>
> And is there a way to map the Gnus `nndraft:drafts' folder onto
> the IMAP `nnimap:INBOX.Drafts' one, so that I could easily
> access my draft mails from another PC, when at home?
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb

this. yes, pretty please?

--
Philipp Haselwarter

* Re: Storing drafts on server
       [not found]     ` <mailman.12194.1389968442.10748.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2014-01-18 19:01       ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2014-01-18 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philipp Haselwarter; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Philipp Haselwarter <philipp@haselwarter.org> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 28 2008 09:34 (@1206693264), Sébastien Vauban wrote:

>> And is there a way to map the Gnus `nndraft:drafts' folder onto
>> the IMAP `nnimap:INBOX.Drafts' one, so that I could easily
>> access my draft mails from another PC, when at home?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>   Seb
>
> this. yes, pretty please?

Yeah, that would be pretty nice...  And it shouldn't be that difficult
to do.  We can hook into the Message mode auto-saving stuff to save
using any method we want to.  But communicating with the IMAP server may
hang, so I'm not sure this would, in general, be the way to go.

I think it would make more sense to sync over the drafts to the IMAP
server using the forthcoming "cloud" functionality, where Gnus basically
stores everything on the IMAP server.