* Re: Colouring diff-part of an email
       [not found] <mailman.21536.1362563949.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2013-03-06 17:58 ` Frank Terbeck
From: Frank Terbeck @ 2013-03-06 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Adam Sjøgren wrote:
[...]
> Has anyone written something that will colour an inline diff in an
> email?

I've written something along those lines:

  http://bewatermyfriend.org/p/2011/00a/

The actual code is linked in that blog posting, too, but here it is once
again:

  https://dev.0x50.de/projects/ftgnus/repository/revisions/master/entry/private/gnus-article-treat-patch.el

Works well enough for me.

Regards, Frank

* Re: Colouring diff-part of an email
@ 2013-03-13 20:08   ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2013-03-13 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Frank Terbeck <ft@bewatermyfriend.org> writes:

> I've written something along those lines:

>   http://bewatermyfriend.org/p/2011/00a/

That works like a charm - thanks!

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Set out on a laughless day                                  Adam Sjøgren
  Like a troupe of clowns"                               asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Colouring diff-part of an email
@ 2013-03-06 17:41   ` Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2013-03-06 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, Mar 06 2013,Tassilo Horn wrote:

[snipped 7 lines]

> Not sure, but I think Gnus can already do highlighting of org-mode style
> source code blocks like the following:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC diff
> +Some text added
> -Some text deleted
> +Some more text added
> #+END_SRC

Can see the above in colour, if it helps....

[snipped 11 lines]

 sivaram

* Re: Colouring diff-part of an email
@ 2013-03-06 14:53   ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2013-03-06 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 14:40:31 +0100, Tassilo wrote:

> #+BEGIN_SRC diff
> +Some text added
> -Some text deleted
> +Some more text added
> #+END_SRC

> Not sure if that does obey `org-src-fontify-natively' (which should be
> set to t), though.  Well see when we receive this very mail.

After setting it to t, and editing one of the commit emails, it looks
perfect.

Great tip, thanks!

... maybe I can even make a washing function that adds those #+-thingies
automatically for me, so my colleagues don't have to see them in the
emails :-)

  Best regards,

    Adam

--

@ 2013-03-06 13:40 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2013-03-06 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi Adam,

> Has anyone written something that will colour an inline diff in an
> email?

Not sure, but I think Gnus can already do highlighting of org-mode style
source code blocks like the following:

#+BEGIN_SRC diff
+Some text added
-Some text deleted
+Some more text added
#+END_SRC

Not sure if that does obey `org-src-fontify-natively' (which should be
set to t), though.  Well see when we receive this very mail.

Bye,
Tassilo

* Colouring diff-part of an email
@ 2013-03-06  9:58 Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2013-03-06  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

  Hi.

I am on a couple of mailing lists at work that receive an email per
commit in a source code repository.

Each email starts with some information about the commit - author, date,
revision, commit log message, and then the diff follows.

Has anyone written something that will colour an inline diff in an
email?

If I jump to the *Article* buffer and turn on diff-mode, the whole
buffer is coloured - which is a little much, headers become dull grey
etc.

I guess I just need some kind of washing, but I don't know quite where
to start, so I thought I'd ask if anyone already has solved the problem
:-)

I could change the email to be more MIMEish (inlining the diff-part),
but I think those of my colleagues who do not use Gnus would be annoyed
when their mail clients start to show the diff as an attachment.

  Best regards,

    Adam