* e-mail list
@ 2009-11-30 13:39 Cecil Westerhof
       [not found] ` <mailman.11853.1259595298.2239.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2009-11-30 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

When working with Evolution, I could work with e-mail lists. (A list
which referred to several of my contacts, so when inputting the name of
the list, I would send an e-mail to every contact on the list.) At the
moment I am migrating from Evolution to GNUS. Is it possible to have in
GNUS (with bbdb) also a mail list?

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer

* Re: e-mail list
@ 2009-11-30 15:34 ` Tassilo Horn
       [not found] ` <mailman.11853.1259595298.2239.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2009-11-30 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Cecil Westerhof <Cecil@decebal.nl> writes:

> When working with Evolution, I could work with e-mail lists. (A list
> which referred to several of my contacts, so when inputting the name
> of the list, I would send an e-mail to every contact on the list.) At
> the moment I am migrating from Evolution to GNUS. Is it possible to
> have in GNUS (with bbdb) also a mail list?

Sure it is:

,----[ (info "(bbdb)Mail Sending Interfaces") ]
|    If more than one person has the same mail-alias, then that alias
| expands to the addresses of all of those people; in this way you can
| maintain mailing lists within the BBDB.
`----

So add the same mail alias to all the persons in your bbdb, and then
it'll exand to all the addresses.

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: e-mail list
       [not found] ` <mailman.11853.1259595298.2239.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2009-12-01  0:39   ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2009-12-01  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Sure it is:
>
> ,----[ (info "(bbdb)Mail Sending Interfaces") ]
> |    If more than one person has the same mail-alias, then that alias
> | expands to the addresses of all of those people; in this way you can
> | maintain mailing lists within the BBDB.
> `----
>
> So add the same mail alias to all the persons in your bbdb, and then
> it'll exand to all the addresses.

I did, but when I fill it in on the To field and give TAB, I get:
    wrong type argument: arrayp, nil

And when searching on the value of the mail-alias, I get:
    bbdb no records matching

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer

* Re: e-mail list
@ 2009-12-01  1:03     ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2009-12-01  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Cecil Westerhof <Cecil@decebal.nl> writes:

> Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org> writes:
>
>> Sure it is:
>>
>> ,----[ (info "(bbdb)Mail Sending Interfaces") ]
>> |    If more than one person has the same mail-alias, then that alias
>> | expands to the addresses of all of those people; in this way you can
>> | maintain mailing lists within the BBDB.
>> `----
>>
>> So add the same mail alias to all the persons in your bbdb, and then
>> it'll exand to all the addresses.
>
> I did, but when I fill it in on the To field and give TAB, I get:
>     wrong type argument: arrayp, nil

Found a solution for this. I had to add:
    (add-hook 'message-setup-hook 'bbdb-define-all-aliases)

> And when searching on the value of the mail-alias, I get:
>     bbdb no records matching

Did not find a solution for this yet.

--
Cecil Westerhof