* Filtering Spam Messages With Bogofilter
@ 2009-09-11  7:00 Volkan YAZICI
From: Volkan YAZICI @ 2009-09-11  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

Below are spam related configurations in my ~/.emacs file.

  (setq spam-use-bogofilter t)
  (require 'spam)

  (setq
   gnus-spam-process-newsgroups
   '(("nnml:.*"
      (gnus-group-spam-exit-processor-bogofilter
       gnus-group-ham-exit-processor-bogofilter)))
   gnus-spam-process-destinations '(("nnml:.*" "nnml:spam"))
   gnus-ham-process-destinations '(("nnml:spam" "nnml:reclassify"))
 (setq spam-junk-mailgroups '("nnml:spam") spam-split-group
"nnml:spam")

When I mark a message as spam via S x, it gets highlighted white by
gnus, but I don't see any action performed by gnus to update the
bogofilter spam database. I'm suspecting some missing group-exit hooks
related with updating bogofilter spam database. (~/.bogofilter
directory is totally empty.) Does anybody have any ideas about what I
might be missing? (BTW, yes, there exists a `bogofilter' binary in the
$PATH environment variable.) Any helps will be really appreciated.

OTOH, it'd be really awesome if people can share their own spam
configurations too.

Regards.

P.S. BTW, this is "GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu) of 2008-11-09
on raven, modified by Debian" with "Gnus v5.11".