* Using passwords in authinfo.pgp?
@ 2009-08-16 14:37 Merciadri Luca
From: Merciadri Luca @ 2009-08-16 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

* Re: Using passwords in authinfo.pgp?
@ 2009-08-20 21:39 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2009-08-20 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 16:37:49 +0200 Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be> wrote:

ML> When starting Gnus, it prompts my different passwords for my
ML> mailboxes, but never for my news server. However, this news server
ML> needs an authentification.

ML> I have crypted my .authinfo file (resulting in .authinfo.gpg, a
ML> crypted .authinfo), and one part of my .gnus file is

ML> (setq nntp-authinfo-file ".authinfo.gpg")
ML> (setq smtpmail-auth-credentials ".authinfo.gpg")

ML> It should be thus read, shouldn't it?
ML> Gnus seems to look in .authinfo.gpg for nntp authentification, but not
ML> for my nnml one. Why? I added

ML> (setq mail-source-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo.gpg")

ML> but it seems to be deprecated.

ML> Any idea?

Use auth-source.el.  nntp-authinfo-file and smtpmail-auth-credentials
should not be necessary either, assuming a recent version of Emacs and
Gnus.  Look at auth.info for details (btw, I know it needs work).

Ted

* Re: Using passwords in authinfo.pgp?
@ 2009-08-23 19:20   ` Merciadri Luca
From: Merciadri Luca @ 2009-08-23 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

* Re: Using passwords in authinfo.pgp?
@ 2009-08-24 16:33     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2009-08-24 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 21:20:20 +0200 Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be> wrote:

>> Look at auth.info for details (btw, I know it needs work).
ML> Where is this file located?

It's part of the Gnus and Emacs installation as of 23.1, I think.  At
least for me it was installed automatically and you can use the standard
Info facilities, e.g. `C-h i'.  For older versions you could look at
auth-source.el (use `M-x locate-library'), it will have the instructions
that eventually went into auth.info.

Ted

* Re: Using passwords in authinfo.pgp?
@ 2009-08-24 16:56       ` Merciadri Luca