* How to add gnu.emacs.gnus
@ 2009-05-02  1:22 Raghav Kumar Gautam
From: Raghav Kumar Gautam @ 2009-05-02  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi all,
Can someone tell me exactly how to subscribe to this newsgroup using
gnus ? I am a beginner and have tried and failed several times.

* Re: How to add gnu.emacs.gnus
@ 2009-05-02  4:43 ` Marco Maggi
From: Marco Maggi @ 2009-05-02  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

"Raghav Kumar Gautam" wrote:
> Can  someone tell  me  exactly how  to  subscribe to  this
> newsgroup using gnus ? I  am a beginner and have tried and
> failed several times.

As explained  in the  Texinfo documentation that  comes with
Gnus (gnus.gz file on my Slackware Linux installation), node
"Subscription Commands", you  can enter the "*Group*" buffer
by typing  "M-x gnus RET"  in Emacs and  then do hit  "S s":
Gnus  will ask  for the  name of  the newsgroup,  you answer
"gnu.emacs.gnus"   and   that   is   it.    But   read   the
documentation!
--
Marco Maggi

* Re: How to add gnu.emacs.gnus
@ 2009-05-02 16:11   ` Raghav Kumar Gautam
From: Raghav Kumar Gautam @ 2009-05-02 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Thanks Marco, for the reply but the problem still persists and I am
getting the following error:

Retrieving newsgroup: gnu.emacs.gnus...
411 group did exist but has been deleted
gnus-select-newsgroup: Couldn't activate group gnu.emacs.gnus: 411
group did exist but has been deleted

Regards,
Raghav

* Re: How to add gnu.emacs.gnus
@ 2009-05-03  2:59     ` Les Harris
From: Les Harris @ 2009-05-03  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Raghav Kumar Gautam <raghavgautam@gmail.com> writes:

> Retrieving newsgroup: gnu.emacs.gnus...
> 411 group did exist but has been deleted
> gnus-select-newsgroup: Couldn't activate group gnu.emacs.gnus: 411
> group did exist but has been deleted

Your news server has removed the group for whatever reason.  You'll need
to either ask them to put it back or get yourself a better news server.

--
Do they only stand
By ignorance, is that their happy state,

* Re: How to add gnu.emacs.gnus
@ 2009-05-03  4:10       ` Raghav Kumar Gautam
From: Raghav Kumar Gautam @ 2009-05-03  4:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On May 3, 7:59 am, Les Harris <m...@lesharis.com.invalid> wrote:
> Raghav Kumar Gautam <raghavgau...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Retrieving newsgroup: gnu.emacs.gnus...
> > 411 group did exist but has been deleted
> > gnus-select-newsgroup: Couldn't activate group gnu.emacs.gnus: 411
> > group did exist but has been deleted
>
> Your news server has removed the group for whatever reason.  You'll need
> to either ask them to put it back or get yourself a better news server.
>
> --
> Do they only stand
> By ignorance, is that their happy state,
> The proof of their obedience and their faith?

After some work, I was able to figure things out. I am now using
news.cca.usart.ru as my news server, but still I am not able to read
posts of this particular group. Thanks anyway.

* Re: How to add gnu.emacs.gnus
@ 2009-05-03  7:42         ` Frank Schmitt
From: Frank Schmitt @ 2009-05-03  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Raghav Kumar Gautam <raghavgautam@gmail.com> writes:

> After some work, I was able to figure things out. I am now using
> news.cca.usart.ru as my news server, but still I am not able to read
> posts of this particular group. Thanks anyway.

Add news.gmane.org as a secondary server, there this group is available
as gmane.emacs.gnus.user.

--
Have you ever considered how much text can fit in eighty columns?  Given that a
signature typically contains up to four lines of text, this space allows you to

* Re: How to add gnu.emacs.gnus
@ 2009-05-04  2:25           ` Raghav Kumar Gautam
From: Raghav Kumar Gautam @ 2009-05-04  2:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Frank Schmitt <ich@frank-schmitt.net> writes:

> Raghav Kumar Gautam <raghavgautam@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> After some work, I was able to figure things out. I am now using
>> news.cca.usart.ru as my news server, but still I am not able to read
>> posts of this particular group. Thanks anyway.
>
> Add news.gmane.org as a secondary server, there this group is available
> as gmane.emacs.gnus.user.
Added and it is working fine. Thanks to all of you for your helping me.