* Email display and spammers
@ 2008-01-23 18:18 Anton Kulchitsky
From: Anton Kulchitsky @ 2008-01-23 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I really start to worry that my email that is not available for
spammers (not that is in the header of this message though) is now
available for that bastards to scan from news messages. What is the
best way to substitute different emails for news and email? Is this
really an issue (about spammers)?

Thanks!
--
http://kulchitsky.org | http://people.arsc.edu/~kulchits

* Re: Email display and spammers
@ 2008-01-23 18:42 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2008-01-23 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 09:18:43 -0900, Anton wrote:

> I really start to worry that my email that is not available for
> spammers (not that is in the header of this message though) is now
> available for that bastards to scan from news messages.

(You are going to get spam regardless - my take on it: don't let
spammers dictate your email or news-articles).

> What is the best way to substitute different emails for news and
> email?

Using posting styles is pretty easy?

 <http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_139.html#SEC139>

> Is this really an issue (about spammers)?

Possibly.

(With greylisting I get less than 20 spams per day and I have been using
my email-addresses in public for 10-15+ years.)

  Best regards,

--
 "Gravity is arbitrary!"                                      Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Email display and spammers
@ 2008-01-23 19:40   ` Andreas Davour
From: Andreas Davour @ 2008-01-23 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

>> Is this really an issue (about spammers)?
>
> Possibly.
>
> (With greylisting I get less than 20 spams per day and I have been using
> my email-addresses in public for 10-15+ years.)

Talk to me about greylisting, Sir?

/andreas

--
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

* Re: Email display and spammers
@ 2008-01-23 19:54     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2008-01-23 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 20:40:32 +0100, Andreas wrote:

> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:

>> (With greylisting I get less than 20 spams per day and I have been using
>> my email-addresses in public for 10-15+ years.)

> Talk to me about greylisting, Sir?

I don't think I can explain it better than the plethora of hits Google
turns up for the concept.

Say, wikipedia and greylisting.org:

 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greylisting>
 <http://www.greylisting.org/>

I use sqlgrey with Postfix and Postgresql, which works great in my
setup.

 <http://sqlgrey.sourceforge.net/>

  Have fun!

    Adam

--

@ 2008-01-23 20:11   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2008-01-23 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 19:42:23 +0100 asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote:

AS> (With greylisting I get less than 20 spams per day and I have been
AS> using my email-addresses in public for 10-15+ years.)

Same here, greylisting+CRM114 on the backend.  It's just not a problem,
except for the occasional delivery delay, which is fine by me.

Ted

* Re: Email display and spammers
@ 2008-01-23 20:12     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2008-01-23 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:11:28 -0600, Ted wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 19:42:23 +0100 asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote:

AS> (With greylisting I get less than 20 spams per day and I have been
AS> using my email-addresses in public for 10-15+ years.)

> Same here, greylisting+CRM114 on the backend.  It's just not a problem,
> except for the occasional delivery delay, which is fine by me.

I use CRM114 for spam-filtering as well - it integrates nicely with Gnus
due to spam.el.

   Thanks!

    Adam

--

@ 2008-01-23 20:24       ` Andreas Davour
From: Andreas Davour @ 2008-01-23 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 20:40:32 +0100, Andreas wrote:
>
>> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:
>
>>> (With greylisting I get less than 20 spams per day and I have been using
>>> my email-addresses in public for 10-15+ years.)
>
>> Talk to me about greylisting, Sir?
>
> I don't think I can explain it better than the plethora of hits Google
> turns up for the concept.
>
> Say, wikipedia and greylisting.org:
>
>  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greylisting>
>  <http://www.greylisting.org/>
>
> I use sqlgrey with Postfix and Postgresql, which works great in my
> setup.
>
>  <http://sqlgrey.sourceforge.net/>

Ok, sometimes a personal account migth be a better source, but in this
case I'll take your advice and investigate those links. Thanks.

/Andreas

--
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?