* download attachment only on demand (imap)
@ 2007-10-22 14:55 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2007-10-22 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello

May be I am missing something, but I experience the following.
I connect to my imap server via gnus and click on the message in order
to read it. Unfortunately that message contains quite a huge
attachment (which I did not know). Now gnus needs quite a bit of time
(using an old modem connection) in order to open the message. Once it
is open it takes almost no time to download the attachment, since, as
I presume it is already downloaded in some temp place.

Couldn't that behavior be changed? What I have in mind is that gnus
open the message, you can read the message body, but it starts only to
download the attachment when one clicks on it.

I wounder whether this behavior has something to do the way gnus is
configured (or hacked) or the way the imap protocol works.

Thanks and regards

Uwe Brauer

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-10-22 14:55 UTC | newest]