Hi Sven Maybe this is what you need: (setq gnus-posting-styles '(("emacs-liste" (address "sven.bretfeld@gmx.ch") (eval (setq ispell-local-dictionary "american"))) ("auctex-liste" (address "sven.bretfeld@gmx.ch") (eval (setq ispell-local-dictionary "american"))))) emacs-liste and auctex-liste are names of mailboxes. If I send a message to one of these groups, my mail-address is automatically changes to the gmx.ch and the ispell-dictionary switches to "american" instead of "swiss" which is my default. Greetings, Sven