Andreas Seltenreich schrob: > Tassilo Horn schrob: > >> I updated my NoGnus CVS copy, but Gnus still fetches only empty >> messages. >> >> To get a little more concrete: I tried fetching the message >> >> <419g22duprrhohcfaf84srcl0bdrljsjnl@4ax.com> >> >> by pressing RET on this message-id. *Messages* says: >> >> ,----[ *Messages* ] >> | Opening nnweb server on google...done >> | No matching articles >> | No such article (may have expired or been canceled) >> `---- > > Hmm, right, I'm getting the same when mm-url-use-external is nil. The > cause seems to be that there now are two redirects (302 Found). Too > bad mm-url doesn't support redirects when doing internal fetching. > > I don't see how one can avoid all redirects, since the last one turns > the message-id into some internal id :-(. So, referring articles by > message-id is basically broken when mm-url-use-external is nil, until > it is taught how to deal with redirects. Update: url-http.el apparently does support redirects, but it seems to get confused by the "Connection: close" extra header mm-url is feeding to it. I suspect this is a bug in url-http.el, since it most probably would also not work when connection keep-alive is disabled or not supported on the server side. Referring articles via nnweb.el works for me with mm-url-use-external set to nil with the attached patch. I don't know what the motivation was for disabling keep-alive in mm-url.el, so the patch might be a bad idea... regards, andreas