@ 2024-06-18  8:59 Xiyue Deng
From: Xiyue Deng @ 2024-06-18  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

I'm here to ask for status of subscribing to ding@gnus.org which
according to [1] is the mailing list for discussing Gnus developments.
However, I cannot subscribe to the list through ding-request@gnus.org or
ding-announcement-request@gnus.org as I didn't get any answer from these
request email address.  So I thought I might try to ask here in case
anyone knew about the situation or any ding admins might be hanging out
here and took a look.  Sorry if this is not the place to ask such a
question.  But if you have a pointer or can refer me to where I should
ask that would be great!

Thanks in advance.

[1] https://www.gnus.org/resources.html

--
Xiyue Deng

From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2024-06-18 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Xiyue writes:

> However, I cannot subscribe to the list through ding-request@gnus.org or
> ding-announcement-request@gnus.org as I didn't get any answer from these
> request email address.

I got a reply from Majordomo (majordomo@lists.math.uh.edu) when I
tried writing "help" to ding-request@gnus.org - it took a while due to
greylisting on both ends, but it did come through eventually.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Once it was there, it was challenging to utilize          Adam Sjøgren
  this Sorcerer's Apprentice."                         asjo@koldfront.dk

@ 2024-06-20  4:29   ` Xiyue Deng
From: Xiyue Deng @ 2024-06-20  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Sjøgren; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Hi Adam,

Adam Sjøgren <asjo@koldfront.dk> writes:

> Xiyue writes:
>
>> However, I cannot subscribe to the list through ding-request@gnus.org or
>> ding-announcement-request@gnus.org as I didn't get any answer from these
>> request email address.
>
> I got a reply from Majordomo (majordomo@lists.math.uh.edu) when I
> tried writing "help" to ding-request@gnus.org - it took a while due to
> greylisting on both ends, but it did come through eventually.
>

>   Best regards,
>
>     Adam

I have tried a few times over the past months, and I did another try
after receiving your email earlier this week, all ended up with no reply
at all.  I doubt that ding-request@gnus.org is blocking "@gmail.com"
domain, so my current guess is that the requests don't actually go
through.

Is there any way to get in touch with the mailing list admin?

--
Xiyue Deng

@ 2024-06-20 11:31     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2024-06-20 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Xiyue writes:

> I have tried a few times over the past months, and I did another try
> after receiving your email earlier this week, all ended up with no reply
> at all.  I doubt that ding-request@gnus.org is blocking "@gmail.com"
> domain, so my current guess is that the requests don't actually go
> through.

What happens if you write to majordomo@lists.math.uh.edu and put
"help" in the body of the email?

> Is there any way to get in touch with the mailing list admin?

The help text I got back has LISTNAME-owner@lists.math.uh.edu as the
address for the individual mailing lists and
majordomo-owner@lists.math.uh.edu for the entire setup.

So I would start by writing ding-owner@lists.math.uh.edu.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "tonight at dusk we go to the house of this former         Adam Sjøgren
  landscape employee and use bricks to remove his car  asjo@koldfront.dk