* Help needed: nnmaildir and create-directory parameter.
@ 2022-11-23 14:44 Fernando de Morais
From: Fernando de Morais @ 2022-11-23 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello everyone,

According to the manual, for a `nnmaildir' server, if my split rules
create new groups, I need to supply a `create-directory' server
parameter[1].  Ok, so considering the following example snippet:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (customize-set-variable 'gnus-select-method '(nnnil ""))
  (customize-set-variable 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
                          '((nntp "news.gwene.org")
                            (nnmaildir ""
                                       (directory "~/Mail/maildirs")
                                       (target-prefix "")
                                       (get-new-mail t)
                                       (create-directory ...)))) ; <-- Here
  (customize-set-variable 'mail-sources '((file :path "~/Mail/emaple_mbox")))
  (customize-set-variable 'nnmail-split-methods '(("inbox" "")))
#+end_src

Following the example snippet above, what is the expected value for the
parameter `create-directory'?  Unfortunately the manual brings no
details about it.

I've been experimenting with some ``logical'' values (basically the same
values accepted in `target-prefix' parameter), but every time I get an
error and a crash box[2].

Can anyone help me with this matter?

Thanks in advance.

Footnotes:
[1]  (info "(gnus) Maildir")
[2]  (info "(gnus) Mail Source Customization")

--
Regards,
Fernando de Morais.

* Help needed: nnmaildir and create-directory parameter.
@ 2022-11-23 14:25 Fernando de Morais
From: Fernando de Morais @ 2022-11-23 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

[...]

details about expected values.

I've been experimenting with some ``logical'' values (basically the same
values accepted in `target-prefix' parameter), but every time I get an
error and an crash box[2].