Lars-Johan Liman wrote: > This can possibly boil down to the old e-mail standard for the > "mailbox" format - the old local storage format for incoming mail to a > user (typically in /var/(spool/)mail/liman (in my case). In those > files, messages are separated by a "From ...." line (no colon! not > header!), and in order to not mistake a text line starting with "From > " for a message separator, all "From " lines in a message had to be > "quoted", typically with a ">" leading to text like this: Yest that must be indeed the source of the problem, thanks for your explaination. > One way around this could be to see whether you can append your Python > code as something else than "text/plain", and have it encoded in > Quoted-Printable (or even BASE64), which ought to eliminate the > problem. (Q-P encoding would lead to "From ..." --> "=70rom ...", if I > remember the standard correctly, which I probably don't ;-). The body of the mbox file I attached to my reply to Adam is encoded in quoted-printable. Christoph