* Sending emails from multiple accounts on same smtp server
@ 2016-02-16 17:23 Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2016-02-16 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I have an authinfo file of the following format

machine smtp.gmail.com login nsivaramxxxt@gmail.com password xxx port 587
machine smtp.gmail.com login shanxxxxx@gmail.com password xxx  port 587

Depending on the group I'm in, I'd like it to use one or the other
account.  I thought using a setup like

	(".*python\\.*"
	 (visible . t)
	 (display . all)
	 (posting-style
	  (address "nsivaramxxx@gmail.com")
	  (name "Sivaram Neelakantan")
	  (body "\n\nsivaram\n-- \n")
	  (user-mail-address "nsivaramxxx@gmail.com")))

in posting styles would choose the right smtp id to send from authinfo
but it doesn't seem to do that. Sometimes I see one or the other email
FROM header depending on which group I entered first

Any advice on how to make it choose the right smtp account based on
address? and set the appropriate headers?

sivaram

* Re: Sending emails from multiple accounts on same smtp server
@ 2016-02-16 19:32 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2016-02-16 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Tuesday, 16 Feb 2016 at 22:53, Sivaram Neelakantan wrote:
> I have an authinfo file of the following format
>
> machine smtp.gmail.com login nsivaramxxxt@gmail.com password xxx port 587
> machine smtp.gmail.com login shanxxxxx@gmail.com password xxx  port 587

I cannot help directly as I don't use emacs for the smtp end, using
msmtp instead.  However, I can suggest that the name of the system in
the authinfo file need not be the actual host name.  You could have

  machine nsivaramgmail login ...
  machine shangmail login ...

I do this for retrieving email from two different gmail accounts.  For
fetching, it's a case of specifying a name for the server which matches
the name given in the authinfo file:

  (nnimap "nsivaramgmail" (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com") ...)

etc.  Whether you can do the same for sending, I am not sure, but it
wouldn't surprise me knowing that everything is possible in gnus ;-)

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xFFFCF67D
: in Emacs 25.0.91.1 + Ma Gnus v0.16 + evil-git-ff74cfb