* expiring emails
@ 2012-06-28 17:28 prad
From: prad @ 2012-06-28 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

time to clean up the 90000+ emails i've accumulated.

i really don't want to go and mark each email as expired.

is there a way i can mark a thread as expired?

--
in friendship,
prad

* Re: expiring emails
@ 2012-06-28 17:40 ` Glyn Millington
From: Glyn Millington @ 2012-06-28 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

prad <prad@towardsfreedom.com> writes:

> time to clean up the 90000+ emails i've accumulated.
>
> i really don't want to go and mark each email as expired.
>
> is there a way i can mark a thread as expired?

T E

atb

Glyn

* Re: expiring emails
@ 2012-06-28 17:55 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2012-06-28 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 10:28:59 -0700, prad wrote:

> is there a way i can mark a thread as expired?

A quick look in the "Thread" menu reveals:

,----[ C-h k T E ]
| <menu-bar> <Threads> <Mark thread as expired> runs the command
| gnus-summary-expire-thread, which is an interactive compiled Lisp
| function in `gnus-sum.el'.
|
| It is bound to T E, <menu-bar> <Threads> <Mark thread as expired>.
|
| (gnus-summary-expire-thread)
|
| Mark articles under current thread as expired.
`----

Maybe that would do the trick?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking        Adam Sjøgren
  at the stars."                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: expiring emails
@ 2012-06-28 18:08   ` prad
From: prad @ 2012-06-28 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> A quick look in the "Thread" menu reveals:

thx adam!
sorry! i should have looked there first.
i have a bad habit of looking on the web instead of my own menu and
getting tons of stuff to sift through to find what i want.
i will alter my evil ways.

--
in friendship,
prad

* Re: expiring emails
@ 2012-06-28 18:16     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2012-06-28 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 11:08:24 -0700, prad wrote:

> sorry! i should have looked there first.
> i have a bad habit of looking on the web instead of my own menu and
> getting tons of stuff to sift through to find what i want.

I often forget that the menus exist as well; no worries!

  :-),

   Adam

--

@ 2012-06-28 18:58       ` prad
From: prad @ 2012-06-28 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> I often forget that the menus exist as well; no worries!

thx!

now i have another issue.

i've expired close to 5000 emails and then did
C-M-e

to get rid of them (at least i that's what i understand i'm doing).

however, when i
C-u RET

i still get 91301 showing up as the number of default emails.

that number stays the same even if i restart gnus (or restart dovecot).

i think the emails are gone though because they don't show up when i
type in the number i want to view. however, how do i get the default
number to show correctly?

--
in friendship,
prad