* gnus.user or gnus.general
@ 2010-10-20 15:57 Paulo J. Matos
From: Paulo J. Matos @ 2010-10-20 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

I am quite confused between the use of gmame.emacs.gnus.user /
gmame.emacs.gnus.general.
Overall they seem to fit the same purpose. Would someone clarify?

Btw, I randomly chose gnus.user to post this since I didn't want to
crosspost!

Cheers,
--
PMatos

* Re: gnus.user or gnus.general
@ 2010-10-20 18:44 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2010-10-20 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

pocmatos@gmail.com (Paulo J. Matos) writes:

Hi Paulo,

> I am quite confused between the use of gmame.emacs.gnus.user /
> gmame.emacs.gnus.general.
> Overall they seem to fit the same purpose. Would someone clarify?

gnus.user is the general user support group, and gnus.general is the
developer group.  As a general guideline, I'd suggest to use
gnus.general if you use an bleeding edge gnus version (from git, or the
version that's bundled with emacs from bzr) and something that used to
work stopped doing so or you have a question concerning a new feature.
For general configuration/usage issues, gnus.user is more appropriate.

Bye,
Tassilo