* How to display formatted e-mails correctly
@ 2010-01-21  5:28 Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2010-01-21  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I am not working very long with Gnus. Until now most e-mails where not a
big problem. But lately I get e-mails where the response are coloured.
In a graphical client it reads without a problem. Is there a way to read
them easily in Gnus. I use (at the moment): Gnus v5.11.

I am also asked to respond in colour. I suppose that is to much to ask?

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer

* Re: How to display formatted e-mails correctly
@ 2010-01-21  9:22 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2010-01-21  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Cecil Westerhof <Cecil@decebal.nl> writes:

Hi Cecil,

> I am not working very long with Gnus. Until now most e-mails where not
> a big problem. But lately I get e-mails where the response are
> coloured.  In a graphical client it reads without a problem. Is there
> a way to read them easily in Gnus. I use (at the moment): Gnus v5.11.

I guess, those are HTML mails.  You can read them using emacs-w3m (which
requires w3m).  To work with Emacs 23, you need the version from
emacs-w3m's CVS.  That's my config:

(setq mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m
      mm-inline-text-html-with-images t
      mm-inline-large-images t
      w3m-default-display-inline-images t)

> I am also asked to respond in colour. I suppose that is to much to
> ask?

Yes, I guess so.  Point them kindly to http://www.asciiribbon.org/.

Bye,
Tassilo