* Re: Gnus + imap.gmail.com
       [not found] <mailman.5796.1199631035.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2008-01-06 16:19 ` Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz @ 2008-01-06 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Vyazovoi Pavel <vyazovoi@googlemail.com> writes:

> Hi all!
>
> Someone knows how to get access to [Google mail]/* folders on gmail
> imap?
>
> I found solution on http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/GnusGmail
> but i have precompiled version of gnus from my distribution and can not
> modify gnus.el

This 'gnus.el' refers to your Gnus configuration file (sometimes
~/.gnus), not the one that comes with the Gnus package itself.

HTH,
jao
--
I always pass on good advice. It's the only thing to do with it. It is
never any use to oneself.

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 193 bytes --]

* Re: Gnus + imap.gmail.com
@ 2008-01-06 17:22   ` Vyazovoi Pavel
       [not found]     ` <mailman.6077.1200145814.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Vyazovoi Pavel @ 2008-01-06 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Yes, i know about .gnus, but:
>>> Try doing this as one of the first lines in your gnus.el.

I tried to add this to .gnus, but it not works for me.

And... Afaik in english version of gmail this imap folder named as [Gmail], but
i use russian version and folder named as [Google mail], and afair Gnus
not works in imap folders with space in name. This is true?

"Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <jao@gnu.org> writes:

> Vyazovoi Pavel <vyazovoi@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> Someone knows how to get access to [Google mail]/* folders on gmail
>> imap?
>>
>> I found solution on http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/GnusGmail
>> but i have precompiled version of gnus from my distribution and can not
>> modify gnus.el
>>

> This 'gnus.el' refers to your Gnus configuration file (sometimes
> ~/.gnus), not the one that comes with the Gnus package itself.
>
> HTH,
> jao
> --
> I always pass on good advice. It's the only thing to do with it. It is
> never any use to oneself.
>  -Oscar Wilde

* Re: Gnus + imap.gmail.com
@ 2008-01-12 13:45     ` Tom Rauchenwald
       [not found]     ` <mailman.6077.1200145814.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Tom Rauchenwald @ 2008-01-12 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Vyazovoi Pavel <vyazovoi@gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, i know about .gnus, but:
>
> I tried to add this to .gnus, but it not works for me.

I had/have the same problem as you, today I investigated again and i
think i found what causes the trouble.
It looks like gnus-ignored-newsgroups matches these groups. For now I
did the following in my .gnus

(setq gnus-ignored-newsgroups "")

This is probably not the best solution but it works so far.

Tom

* Re: Gnus + imap.gmail.com
       [not found]     ` <mailman.6077.1200145814.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2008-01-12 15:57       ` Vyazovoi Pavel
From: Vyazovoi Pavel @ 2008-01-12 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Tom Rauchenwald <its.sec@gmx.net> writes:

> Vyazovoi Pavel <vyazovoi@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Yes, i know about .gnus, but:
>>
>> I tried to add this to .gnus, but it not works for me.
>
> I had/have the same problem as you, today I investigated again and i
> think i found what causes the trouble.
> It looks like gnus-ignored-newsgroups matches these groups. For now I
> did the following in my .gnus
>
> (setq gnus-ignored-newsgroups "")
>
> This is probably not the best solution but it works so far.
>
> Tom

Thank you Tom!!! Now it works!!! Great!

* Gnus + imap.gmail.com
@ 2008-01-05  9:49 Vyazovoi Pavel
From: Vyazovoi Pavel @ 2008-01-05  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi all!

Someone knows how to get access to [Google mail]/* folders on gmail
imap?

I found solution on http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/GnusGmail
but i have precompiled version of gnus from my distribution and can not
modify gnus.el

I have Emacs 23 from cvs and Gnus 5.13.

Thanks for your answers and sorry for my bad english.