* avoid some  news/mail messages
@ 2008-01-02 16:37 someusernamehere
From: someusernamehere @ 2008-01-02 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

There is a way for do this in gnus, I mean gnus dontt show some
messages with some subjects or senders (without procmail or something
similar), may be with regular expresions, is possible?

* Re: avoid some  news/mail messages
@ 2008-01-02 16:39 ` Joost Diepenmaat
From: Joost Diepenmaat @ 2008-01-02 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

someusernamehere <someusernamehere@gmail.com> writes:

> There is a way for do this in gnus, I mean gnus dontt show some
> messages with some subjects or senders (without procmail or something
> similar), may be with regular expresions, is possible?

Lookup gnus-kill in your manual.

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/comp/unix/gnu-info/gnus_7.html

HTH,
Joost.

* Re: avoid some  news/mail messages
@ 2008-01-02 19:45   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-01-02 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, Jan 02 2008, Joost Diepenmaat wrote:

> someusernamehere <someusernamehere@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> There is a way for do this in gnus, I mean gnus dontt show some
>> messages with some subjects or senders (without procmail or something
>> similar), may be with regular expresions, is possible?

Press `L' and follow the instructions (type ? for help).
See (info "(gnus)Summary Score Commands") for details.

> Lookup gnus-kill in your manual.

Kill files are obsoleted by score files, see (info "(gnus)Scoring").

> http://www.slac.stanford.edu/comp/unix/gnu-info/gnus_7.html

Please never refer to random outdated manuals.  This manual is from
some GNUS version (not even Gnus!) prior to 1995!

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: avoid some  news/mail messages
@ 2008-01-02 20:11     ` Joost Diepenmaat
From: Joost Diepenmaat @ 2008-01-02 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> On Wed, Jan 02 2008, Joost Diepenmaat wrote:
>
>> someusernamehere <someusernamehere@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> There is a way for do this in gnus, I mean gnus dontt show some
>>> messages with some subjects or senders (without procmail or something
>>> similar), may be with regular expresions, is possible?
>
> Press `L' and follow the instructions (type ? for help).
> See (info "(gnus)Summary Score Commands") for details.
>
>> Lookup gnus-kill in your manual.
>
> Kill files are obsoleted by score files, see (info "(gnus)Scoring").
>
>> http://www.slac.stanford.edu/comp/unix/gnu-info/gnus_7.html
>
> Please never refer to random outdated manuals.  This manual is from
> some GNUS version (not even Gnus!) prior to 1995!

I just referred to it because I today used that info to kill someone out
of my view for the first time.

Thanks for the correction. I'll take a look at the scoring facilities.

Joost.