* set mbox folder as mail sources
@ 2007-11-08 19:40 Teng Wang
From: Teng Wang @ 2007-11-08 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi there,

I am new to gnus. A couple of days before, I set up gnus as my
newsreader. It works great. But I also want to read my email. Since I
already set up mutt as my email client and I still want  to keep it, I
just want to _read_ some of my emails in gnus. Because I already use
procmail as email filter, all the coming email will directly sent to
mbox folder. The question is  how I can use this mbox folder files in gnus.

I have tried
(setq mail-sources
      '(file :path "path\to\mbox\file"))
and
(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnml "mail"
              (nnml-directory "some\folder")
              (nnml-active-file "some\folder\active"))))

But when I connect to nnml:mail, it shows nothing. I read the manual
many time, but I still cant find the answer.

I dont know if I make my question clear or not. In a word, I just want
gnus to use the mbox folder file and fetch them when start up.

I know I can respool mbox file to the new setup server, but it seems
not to be automatically.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Teng Wang