* mm-discouraged-alternatives
@ 2005-07-13 12:58 Andrew Cowper
From: Andrew Cowper @ 2005-07-13 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

For most of my groups I want to see plain text, so I have set this
variable in .gnus as follows:

(eval-after-load "mm-decode"
  '(progn
     (add-to-list 'mm-discouraged-alternatives "text/html")
     (add-to-list 'mm-discouraged-alternatives "text/richtext")))

This works fine. For some groups (some RSS feeds), however, the plain
text part is broken, and so I want to see the html.

So I've customised the group using gnus-group-customise and used the
'variables' setting to change this for some groups. Now when I enter
the group and do C-h v mm-discouraged-alternatives I see:

mm-discouraged-alternatives's value is ("text/plain")

Local in buffer *Summary nnrss:The Register*; global value is
("text/richtext" "text/html")

However when I view a message I still see the plain text...

Any thoughts?
Thanks a lot.

--
Andrew Cowper

Pick a different user name to email me.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-07-13 12:58 UTC | newest]