From: Marshall T. Vandegrift <vandem2@rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: Bad PGP signatures due to MIME encoding (?)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 11:12:12 -0400	[thread overview]

> Hm, do you have some message-id?  I don't recall this, but then
> perhaps I don't verify the signatures all that often.

From what I can grep locally:

Interestingly, some of the posters of these messages also have
messages where their signatures do verify.  In all the ones where the
signatures don't verify, a `--' has been encoded as `--' and `-- ' as
`--=20', while in the ones where it does verify they have been
correctly encoded as `=2D-' and `=2D-=20' respectively:

I'd try to find more examples with other people, but doing ESC s
through all the ding on gmane is slow...  (Is there a way to have the
regex be applied to the raw message?)

> Ah, right.  One idea is that the message is signed twice, sometimes
> people complain that Gnus asks them for a key phrase twice, but if you
> use gpg-agent this happens silently.  Signatures for the same message
> will always be different, so this might explain it.

Hmm. Why does it get run twice?

--
Marshall T. Vandegrift <vandem2@rpi.edu>

Real are the dreams of Gods, and smoothly pass
Their pleasures in a long immortal dream.
        -- John Keats, /Lamia/