* Option to open article or group with new frame in summary
@ 2022-11-14 10:44 Björn Bidar
From: Björn Bidar @ 2022-11-14 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hey is it possible to open solely the selected article or the article
with that summary in the navigation history in a new frame.

So that have the option to open articles either entirely
in new frames or have option to do so.

My workflow is that I use tilling wm and I also would like to keep
articles open sometimes while reading other articles in parallel or use
them otherwise such as in Org-mode.

For message-mode there's C-x 4 m which is quite handy already.
I did something similar for elfeed by setting elfeed-show-entry to
'display-play buffer and pop-up-frames to 'graphic-only.

Br,

Björn

* Re: Option to open article or group with new frame in summary
@ 2022-11-15  2:52 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2022-11-15  2:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Björn Bidar wrote:

> Hey is it possible to open solely the selected article or
> the article with that summary in the navigation history in
> a new frame.

(setq gnus-single-article-buffer t)

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

* Re: Option to open article or group with new frame in summary
@ 2022-11-17 19:24   ` Björn Bidar
From: Björn Bidar @ 2022-11-17 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Emanuel Berg <incal@dataswamp.org> writes:

>> Hey is it possible to open solely the selected article or
>> the article with that summary in the navigation history in
>> a new frame.
>
> (setq gnus-single-article-buffer t)

Oh thanks. Want's the keybind to open an article in a new frame?

* Re: Option to open article or group with new frame in summary
@ 2022-11-17 20:00     ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2022-11-17 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Björn Bidar wrote:

>>> Hey is it possible to open solely the selected article or
>>> the article with that summary in the navigation history in
>>> a new frame.
>>
>> (setq gnus-single-article-buffer t)
>
> Oh thanks. Want's the keybind to open an article in
> a new frame?

Don't know, maybe try

  M-x apropos-variable RET gnus frame RET

  M-x apropos RET gnus frame RET