Adam Sjøgren wrote: > > > I did some more systematic tests. The mangling is visible in the > > locally saved version of the message, so it's definitely caused > > locally. > > What format do you use for your sent messages folder? nnfolder? My setup is similar to Eric's. I use nnimap and the backend is a local dovecot that is synchronized (but that doesn't matter here) using isync. > > The problem does *not* occur if I do not sign the message! It > > *does* occur when the message is signed either with an OpenPGP or > > with an S/MIME key. > > Aha. Maybe that is to avoid the lines starting with "[Ff]rom " being > (potentially) mangled after signing, leaving the signature invalid. Maybe... In order to debug this, it would be useful to examine the various steps that lie between pressing C-c C-c and storing the message. Is "Edebug" the way to go?