From: Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se>
To: info-gnus-english@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Mark own message automatically as read
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 23:42:28 +0200	[thread overview]

>> To me, it sounds like all Gcc'd messages will be
>> marked as read. But even so, people very seldom use
>> the Gcc header anyway - or so it would seem.
>
> Really? I Gcc: all my emails and articles. That is
> how Gnus archives outgoing messages...

Yes, I do that as well. And I can live with those being
marked as read, if that's what happens with the option
you provided. Though, optimally, I would like them to
be *not* read (always shown) in my *archive* group, and
*never* shown in the group(s) you send them to. With
the rare exception when you post a question, and then
find the answer yourself - then, I like to quote
myself, and provide the answer. I guess that's a bit
"stöddigt" but it is beneficial to people who might
Google the same problem, and perhaps others who follow
the group and might be interested in general...

No - I meant, reading the docstring of the option you
suggested, it looked like all the stuff you get by
means of Gcc gets marked as read. And people might use
it to send things to you, right? But *that* never
happens to me - I don't think I ever got a single mail
that way. So perhaps it is OK just the same.

> But it may very well only be the archived copy that
> is automatically marked as read.

Post if you find out. I'll do the same.

> I am so use to how it Just Works, that it feels
> natural to me. Maybe I am just vain, and like to read
> my own emails and articles :-)

Yeah, that might be vanity, but it is also natural
because you are so familiar with the stream of
thoughts, it is like listening to a song you know
inside-out. Most often I read old messages that
describes something, and I know I once knew that, only
now, it foggy at best...

--
underground experts united:
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573