* Spaces being removed from "From" header
@ 2014-02-08 20:24 N. Jackson
From: N. Jackson @ 2014-02-08 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I'm just getting Gnus set up for sending email, so I'm probably doing
something wrong, but it seems that Gnus (or message mode?) is removing
spaces from my "From" headers.

I create a new email using the m command from the Group buffer, for
example. then I type in a "From" header like this:

    From: Firstname M. Lastname <myemail@somedomain.whatever>

but when the email arrives at its destination, the header is changed to:

    From: Firstname M.Lastname <myemail@somedomain.whatever>

with the space after the middle initial removed.

Is this a bug, or am I just doing something stupid?

This is with Gnus v5.13 on GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu,
GTK+ Version 3.8.2) of 2013-08-14 on buildvm-15.phx2.fedoraproject.org.

* Re: Spaces being removed from "From" header
@ 2014-02-08 22:28 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2014-02-08 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

nljlistbox2@gmail.com (N. Jackson) writes:

> but when the email arrives at its destination, the header is changed to:
>
>     From: Firstname M.Lastname <myemail@somedomain.whatever>

This doesn't happen for me, when I just now tried it (Gnus --> Postfix
--> Postfix --> Gnus).

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "You gotta realize, you can kill somebody with               Adam Sjøgren
  kindness too."                                         asjo@koldfront.dk