* expunge mails
@ 2012-05-14 20:13 Petro Khoroshyy
From: Petro Khoroshyy @ 2012-05-14 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi list.
I am very ashamed, but I cannot figure out how to expunge expired mails
from imap account. Some time ago I have seen  a command to do it, but
cannot remember it now.
Thank you in advance.
Petro.

* Re: expunge mails
@ 2012-05-14 20:28 ` William Gardella
From: William Gardella @ 2012-05-14 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Petro Khoroshyy <khoroshyy@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi list.
> I am very ashamed, but I cannot figure out how to expunge expired mails
> from imap account. Some time ago I have seen  a command to do it, but
> cannot remember it now.
> Thank you in advance.
> Petro.

Petro,

I use `E' to mark IMAP messages expirable and `B e' to expunge them.

--
WGG

* Re: expunge mails
@ 2012-05-15  8:09   ` Petro Khoroshyy
From: Petro Khoroshyy @ 2012-05-15  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi William
William Gardella <gardellawg@gmail.com> writes:
> Petro Khoroshyy <khoroshyy@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi list.
>> I am very ashamed, but I cannot figure out how to expunge expired mails
>> from imap account. Some time ago I have seen  a command to do it, but
>> cannot remember it now.
>> Thank you in advance.
>> Petro.
>
> Petro,
>
> I use `E' to mark IMAP messages expirable and `B e' to expunge them.
Thanks for your reply. I am now closer to what I want. "B e" some how
does not delete mails marked as "E". May be I have some settings
missing. However, I do have nnmail-expire-wait set to 7 and
nnimap-expunge-on-close set to ask. If I understand
it correctly with such setup it has to ask me if I want to delete all
messages marked as "E" seven and more days ago. What do I miss?
I can delete a message using "B del". I remember using  more complicated
command and deleting all messages marked as expired.
Thanks.
Petro.

* Re: expunge mails
@ 2012-05-15  8:21     ` Alberto Luaces
From: Alberto Luaces @ 2012-05-15  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Petro Khoroshyy writes:

> Hi William
> William Gardella <gardellawg@gmail.com> writes:
>> Petro Khoroshyy <khoroshyy@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hi list.
>>> I am very ashamed, but I cannot figure out how to expunge expired mails
>>> from imap account. Some time ago I have seen  a command to do it, but
>>> cannot remember it now.
>>> Thank you in advance.
>>> Petro.
>>
>> Petro,
>>
>> I use `E' to mark IMAP messages expirable and `B e' to expunge them.
> Thanks for your reply. I am now closer to what I want. "B e" some how
> does not delete mails marked as "E". May be I have some settings
> missing. However, I do have nnmail-expire-wait set to 7 and
> nnimap-expunge-on-close set to ask. If I understand
> it correctly with such setup it has to ask me if I want to delete all
> messages marked as "E" seven and more days ago. What do I miss?
> I can delete a message using "B del". I remember using  more complicated
> command and deleting all messages marked as expired.

gnus-summary-expire-articles-now ?

--
Alberto

* Re: expunge mails