* Doc-view fonts
@ 2010-11-17 17:31 Haines Brown
       [not found] ` <87eiajrfd2.fsf@topper.koldfront.dk>
From: Haines Brown @ 2010-11-17 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I upgraded to squeeze and thus emacs 23.2. Emacs 23 aquired the Doc-view
mode for viewing PDF files.

This works, but the antialiased fonts used to display the PDF are ugly
(more accurately, the cover page for a PDF article is very clear, but
the content pages following it are almost illegible). I suspect the
reason is that I need to install gs fonts or something.

What do I need to install or configure to make the Doc-view documents
legible? The emacs (23) package does not recommend any such
installation.

[I apologize for how my name appears in the header "-->
gnu.emacs.gnus". Apparently there's a name clash somewhere that I have
not been able to pin down]

Haines Brown