Daiki> You seem to use Emacs 23.0.91 shipped with EasyPG (aka epg), the Daiki> successor of pgg. Yes, I am on Debian sid and I use the snapshot package provided by http://emacs.orebokech.com/ i.e. ,----[ C-h v emacs-version RET ] | emacs-version is a variable defined in `version.el'. | Its value is "23.0.91.1" | | Documentation: | Version numbers of this version of Emacs. | | [back] `---- Daiki> Since Gnus attempts to use epg if available, pgg settings are Daiki> ignored for PGP/MIME. Check the value of mml2015-use. ok, here it is ,----[ C-h v mml2015-use RET ] | mml2015-use is a variable defined in `mml2015.el'. | Its value is epg | | Documentation: | The package used for PGP/MIME. | Valid packages include `epg', `pgg', `gpg' and `mailcrypt'. | | [back] `---- Daiki> Fwiw, selecting encryption key is a FAQ even for epg -- I've Daiki> posted an example setting to this list: Daiki> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.user/8506 Daiki> Though this selects encryption keys by the "From:" header, it Daiki> can easily be adapted to posting-styles. Well, here is the problem, I am not exactly skilled with elisp but I could definitely work things out with a bit documentation on the matter. Anyways, I am glad++ you answered because a lot of folks seem to run into that problem but then either give up after trying numerous times to work it out with pgg (which is wrong as we/I know now; should be epg) or simply do not start signing/encrypting their messages at all even they know it is epg they need to look at. I also agree with Richard on the fact that there is no decent piece of docu/information about the fact - that it is not pgg but epg one should look into plus - no docu about setting up signing with epg at all; all I found is this http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EasyPG Daiki, do you think you could provide an example for switching keys based on their key ID and using gnus-parameters? That would be awesome!